Monday, August 15, 2005

HELL YEAH!

I'm sure most people have heard of the 9/11 "Freedom Walk" that is scheduled in Washington. The walk is said to be for "Remembering 9/11 and to Support the Troops". The Washington Post is co-sponsoring the event, but have claimed they will withdraw their support if the event turns partisan. Well considering that Clint Black's song, "I RAQ AND ROLL"--which will be performed at event--contains such non-partisan lyrics as:


"YOU CAN WAVE YOUR SIGNS IN PROTEST
AGAINST AMERICA TAKING STANDS
THE STANDS AMERICA'S TAKEN
ARE THE REASON THAT YOU CAN"

and

"WE HAVE THE RESOLUTION
THAT SHOULD PUT'EM ALL TO SHAME
BUT IT'S A DIFFERENT KIND OF DEADLINE
WHEN I'M CALLED IN THE GAME"

and

"I RAQ, I RACK'EM UP AND I ROLL
I'M BACK AND I'M A HIGH TECH GI JOE
I PRAY FOR PEACE, PREPARE FOR WAR
AND I NEVER WILL FORGET
THERE'S NO PRICE TOO HIGH FOR FREEDOM
SO BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU TREAD"

and this lovely line, which clearly is directed at opponents of the Iraq War..

"THEY CAN BE NO MORE THAN COWARDS
IF THEY WON'T SHOW US THEIR WEAPONS
WE MIGHT HAVE TO SHOW THEM OURS

IT MIGHT BE A SMART BOMB
THEY FIND STUPID PEOPLE TOO
AND IF YOU STAND WITH THE LIKES OF SADDAM
ONE JUST MIGHT FIND YOU"


I will be expecting the Washington Post to withdraw their support. This is clearly nothing more than a Pro-Iraq war propaganda rally.

I really thought that the Washington Post withdrawing their support was not going to happen but then I came across this article.

My response to reading this was as follows:

HELL FUCKING YES! THESE REPORTERS AT THE WASHINGTON POST FUCKING ROCK!

THANK YOU GUYS, THANK YOU FOR NOT ACCEPTING THIS BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA PARADE!

This is such great news! This has been such an awesome day!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kevin said...

Excellent post, TDV. However, I disagree with your characterization of those last two stanzas from Clint Black's song. As I read them it seems to me that he's talking about the insurgents in Iraq rather than about domestic critics of the Iraq Quagmire.

Props to the WaPo reporters knowing where their cajones are located too.

4:34 PM  
Blogger The Disenfranchised Voter said...

Well, I know the first stanza is about the insurgents, so maybe I should have seperated them. Perhaps you are right about both the last stanzas being directed towards the insurgents.

However, I have been labelled as "standing with Saddam" by Bush supporters so to me that very last stanza is an indirect threat to opponents of the Iraq war. I could very well be wrong.

Either way the event is clearly partisan and thankfully the WaPo recognized that.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

[In response to your comment]
Yeah, America likes to screw up the English language a lot, doesn't it? Changing liberal to mean something completely different, and vile to some people...

But thank you for your comment, I appreciate it a lot.

Yay for WaPo!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

By the way, could you e-mail me about the guerrilla campaign thing? Thaanks.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home