Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Me: "Hey Everybody!" -- You: "Hi, Dr. Disenfranchised Voter!"

Ok, so I'm not really a doctor, but I felt it was a nice touch.

Welcome to my blog. My name is not important, as I plan on speaking for more than just myself. I will tell you a little bit about myself though.

I am a 20 year old college student. I am an ex-christian and am now agnostic. I consider myself mostly a libertarian, but I am more liberal than most libertarians I know. I am a registered independent voter since I find it silly to basically pledge yourself to a specific party since people change and parties change. A perfect example would how the Neo-Cons have hijacked the Republican Party. Anyways, I have no job (at the moment) and I'm still pissed off about the past election. I think the best way to sum my feelings about the election would be the Daily Mirror's headline: "How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB?".

The sad thing is, I know why they can be so dumb. Bush's campaign was nothing but a terrorist campaign.

Now bear with me and let me explain what I mean since I've probably already turned off some readers with that comment.

Bush ran on nothing but fear. The main theme of the campaing was 9/11, 9/11, 9/11. His campaign also said many ridiculous things such as, that if John Kerry was elected were would be attack by the terrorists, that if John Kerry was elected the bible would be banned (which might not actually be that bad of an idea in retrospect, heh jk), and that Kerry would legalize gay marriage.

The dictionary defines a terrorist as someone who uses terror for political or financial gain. I think it is pretty clear to see that Bush used terror for both political and financial gain.

One thing this election has taught me is this, "If you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for evil". I voted for John Kerry and I don't regret it. However I don't think I'll be voting for the lesser of two evils again.

Anyhoo, welcome to The Disenfranchised Voter. Enjoy your stay.

1 Comments:

Blogger L said...

NICE blog theme.

btw, people have proven just how EASY it is to hack those "voting" machines

cheers!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home